As stewards of the watershed and our environment, we know it’s the small things we do in our daily lives that add up to make a big difference. Unplugging appliances that are not in use. Replacing incandescent light bulbs with energy-efficient bulbs. Recycling and using re-usable coffee mugs instead of disposable ones.
It’s simple lifestyle choices like these that help us play an active role in caring for nature and the environment.
Thursday, April 21st
The City of Charlottetown and the Sierra Club Atlantic invite you to celebrate Earth Day!
“Hang out the clothes” and reflect on the creative ways you can help the Earth. There will be clothes available for anyone who would like to decorate them with a message for Earth Day! You are also invited to “pin-up” your own positive pledge to help the planet. This is fun and free event for all ages.
There will be:
- environmentally-themed art
- an art table to to make Earth Day-inspired crafts
- live music by Michael Pendergast
- snacks and local cider
- a reading corner with environmentally themed books (read by Confederation Centre Library staff)
- a sunflower seed-planting station (hosted by Vessey Seeds Ltd)
- information booths from local environmental organizations
Time: Thursday, April 21st, 11:30am – 1:30pm
Place: Confederation Court Mall (Food Court) 134 Kent Street Charlottetown